Wednesday, May 9, 2007

great weekend

hey guys,

Well this past weekend our parent Connection group had a blast. We sent all the men and boys on a camp out, and all the girls and women had a sleepover. We had a lot of fun and most importantly we experienced a real time of bonding. I learned things about the women I thought I knew. We played Joel Osteen's board game " Your Best Life Now". Although it took a while for us to get the directions down pat, we really dug deep and had some great discussions and time of letting go. We enlarged our vision and learned to turn a negative into a positive. (-; Our boys had a very productive time as well. My husband as well as one of our other members quit smoking during the camp out. Praise God. That is a true testimony to the power of accountability among the body. They needed to be surrounded by all their brothers and have the support of praying men in order to quit. Please agree with me that they will stay quit and not take the addiction back. I truly believe God can keep them pure. We have an awesome event coming up that we intend to serve in called the GGA. I know that this event will bring us all together in a new and deeper way. I am excited to tell you all about it. Bye for now.

No comments: